Drones are an attachable component to the tank, which provide additional abilities to tankers. Some of these abilities can also effect nearby tanks from the same team. Drones can also be micro-upgraded to improve their performance.
Drones are powered by the battery supply, and, if equipped, will be automatically activated upon spawning. Each consumed battery powers the drone for 1 minute. Upon activation, the drone will come out of the tank's rear and follow it in the battle.
It will be noted that only a single drone can be equipped at once. If no drone is equipped, no additional effect will manifest and no batteries will be consumed either.
Assault Drones assist you in destroying other tanks by giving you offensive boosts of different kinds.
Defensive Drones help keep your tank alive by giving you different defensive boosts.
Passive Drones provide constant passive boosts for your tank.
Support Drones help keep you alive by reducing cool downs and repairing your tank.
- On June 4, 2018, the Mechanic, Assault and Trooper drones were released, along with the release of batteries.
- On June 23, 2018, the Engineer, Driver and Supplier drones were added. Additionally, certain mechanics and parameter values were changed for the previous drones.
- 6 new drones were uncovered in episode 187 of the Tanki V-Log, meant to be released during the 2018 Halloween update. The first 6 drones- Defender, Booster, Sapper, Camper, Demoman and Rescuer- already had their design finished; the last 3 drones- Saboteur, Sprinter and Trickster- still had their design in development, and only revealed by current drone name and ability.
- The shop provides 2 product kits consisting of drones: "Drone Attack" Kit, containing Mechanic, Assault and Trooper; and "Second Coming" Kit, containing Engineer, Driver and Supplier.
- Drones were part of a secret project, named "Project Energizer". They were first hinted when the developers edited the Development Plans page in the Wiki, where they added a mysterious point under the Work in Progress header. In a special thread in the forum, only one tanker correctly guessed what a part of it would be, Musa