In gaming, cheating- or hacking- is the act of manipulating the game data to access unique features, or to speed up regular features. Cheating thereby gives the cheater a powerful advantage, which would normally be used to benefit the cheater.
Cheating is done for many causes:
- Getting equipment (turrets, hulls, supplies, etc.) without paying for it and/or being at the required rank for buying it
- Fly-hacking to catch gold boxes
- Getting free crystals or experience
- Killing other players or becoming immortal
- Sabotaging the server to make the game lag for everyone, and other forms of trolling
In Tanki Online, the game admins maintain a "zero tolerance" policy against cheaters. Cheating is both against the Game Rules and the EULA.
The game has an anti-cheating engine, that would self-destruct any player with a suspicious activity patterns. Cheaters can get banned, and can also be reported to admins in the Violation Reports forum topic.
- Lagging while falling- especially when trying to balance light tanks using the turret's recoil- would often trigger the anti-cheating engine and self-destruct the player, despite the fact that they were not cheating. This is in particular noticeable in the map Madness, with its extreme terrain.
- Tanki Online international video blog — Cheating, Tanki Online EN YouTube channel